QUALITY INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION
- The American School of Douala is fully accredited with the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA). MSA accreditation means that all aspects of the school meet high international standards, not only our academic program. ASD recently hosted a successful accreditation review this past November 2017.
- Our rigorous academic program is based on U.S. Common Core Standards. Our teachers design lessons that engage and motivate students, while helping them develop the critical thinking skills that they will need to be successful throughout their lives. We prepare students for the world that will exist after they graduate, not the world as it exists today.
- We use research based best educational practices and innovative programs to deliver a quality college preparatory curriculum that meets rigorous educational standards. The School prepares students for admission to universities throughout Europe, the United States and Canada, and around the world.
- ASD provides a multicultural educational environment, where students will learn to be competitive, self-confident, compassionate, and contribute positively to our global community. They will develop an appreciation for learning as a lifelong process.
- ASD welcomes both Cameroonian and international students from all religious and cultural backgrounds. Support is provided for English language learners. The school is home to students from more than 30 nations across the globe.
- Graduates of ASD have distinct advantages. As a fully accredited American School, ASD graduates receive an American high school diploma just as if they graduated from a school in the U.S. They can apply to universities in the U.S., Canada, France, or elsewhere with the benefit of having received a solid English-language education.
- Class sizes are small, so students at ASD receive significant personal attention. The school year begins in mid-August and ends mid-June; the school day runs from 7:50 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. ASD provides quality classroom instruction and serves pre-kindergarten through grade 12 students.
- The school offers diverse extra-curricular activities ranging from competitive sports to computer programming to dance and art. As a member of the West African International Schools Activities League (WAISAL), our sports teams have the opportunity to attend international tournaments as well as play locally.
100% university acceptance rate!
Our graduates and alumni have offers from McGill University, Cornell University, Boston College, Florida International University, Carnegie Mellon, Ottawa University, Emory University, Houston Community College, Bryant University, and Boston University.